Pages

Saturday, 17 October 2015

A Couple of Filofax Days

I have had a very quiet couple of days at the end of this week, so I decided to take the opportunity to transfer from my pocket size Filofax into a larger personal size.  I haven't used the personal size since quiting work several years ago, so I didn't have any inserts for it.  I have made a few changes and additions from the pages I use in my pockets size, and it was great fun thinking about what I wanted, creating the pages and finally creating some new dividers.

I have for a long time thought how nice it would be to use photographs instead of just pretty pictures for dividers.  I think it's a nice way of carrying around a few favourite photos and at the same time making them useful.

I of course just had to use some nice photos of my girls, along with one of Louie.  But I couldn't think what to do for the others.  I rummaged around my very old, physical photos and decided to use.....  No1 (as a dashboard) Myself as at about 2 years old with my Sister Barbara at the age of 14.  No2 (6th photo) is of my 9th birthday.  All 3 of my Sisters are there, along with Mum, and my niece Beverley as a baby.  I am bottom left.  No3 (7th photo) is of Mum on her wedding day at the age of 18.

To create the very old photos, because my printer is so complicated and I haven't quite mastered the scanning process, I simply took a photo of the photos with my iPad, increased the pixels by a factor of 400, then printed them off onto card and laminated them.  I am really pleased with the finished product.

Click on the image to view full size.
7ac3cbc01f1b4d1dbc8705383f63c5e1_r.jpeg

For the inserts I used just the Mac TextEdit to create very simple tables.  Once again because I haven't got the hang of using my new printer, I tried and failed to use double sided paper and it's a nightmare trying to line it all up, so each insert is only one sided even if it's a bit of a waste of paper.

It's surprising how long it takes to design and create various pages, but it's all good fun.

2 comments:

  1. You are one artsy fartsy lady I just LOVE this idea Sandy and your daughters all look like their mother, beautiful. =0)


    Shutterbug Phlogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eldest is my Daughter, the other two are my Granddaughters. But I call them all my girls. I"m waiting on a delivery of printing ink now to do some more playing.

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to not log in to post a comment please choose NAME/URL to make a guest reply.